четверг, 16 мая 2013 г.

Friday Favorites – Homemade Vitamin C Serum

Friday Favorites – Homemade Vitamin C Serum

Affiliate and Commission Disclosure Information



Homemade Vitamin C Serum | PrimallyInspired.com
Homemade Vitamin C Serum | PrimallyInspired.com

Learn how to make your own homemade Vitamin C Serum!


Many of you know that I am such a girly girl when it comes to beauty and skincare (and clothes and shoes!), but I don’t put anything on my skin that I wouldn’t eat. This is quite the dilemma in a chemically filled beauty and skincare world, as you can imagine.


*cue superhero music*


So then enters Jenni, from the blog Jenni Raincloud, aka my new internet crush. I’ve been mildly stalking (who am I kidding? Obsessively is more like it) Jenni’s blog ever since I discovered it. You see, Jenni is an aeshtetician and loves beauty and all that girly stuff just as much as me! Her blog consists of recipes for homemade, organic, all natural skin creams, makeups, salves, etc. It’s like total heaven. You’ve got to check out. So far I’ve made her homemade Neosporin, her homemade vapor rub, and her all natural perfume. And I have a lot more on my list to try.


Jenni literally charges hundreds of dollars for her facials and then teaches us how to make the same skincare she uses for pennies! I’m already totally in love with her Vitamin C serum recipe and I just started using it a few days ago. I think you and your skin will absolutely love it, too.


Hi everyone, I'm Jennifer from Jenni Raincloud! Today I'm going to tell you how to make an incredibly amazing anti aging Vitamin C serum!


Vitamin C does great things for the skin. I am an aesthetician and have been in the skin care industry for more than a decade. I've worked in some high end spas and performed Vitamin C facials for 100's of dollars a pop! Little did I know at the time that I could recreate that facial at home for much less money. Do I have your attention??? Read on for an easy recipe that is going to recharge your skin and take years off your face!


Young skin is full of Vitamin C. Vitamin C produces collagen. As we age, our levels dramatically drop, therefore collagen production slows. Collagen is a protein that makes the skin have elasticity which keeps wrinkles from forming. Vitamin C also lightens age and sun spots. Vitamin C is a powerful antioxidant. It reduces the number of sunburned cells as well as reverses age-related damage to skin. It can reverse UV damage like spots and lines! Vitamin C can also reduce inflammation.


You can buy a "vitamin C" cream or serum at many department stores but what they don't tell you is that once vitamin C is added to a serum or cream it loses it's potency. It has a tiny shelf life. Vitamin C is tricky. It is very unstable. First off, you need a dark amber/blue glass bottle (find them HERE). An easy way to make sure your Vitamin C is in the perfect form to get the most benefits you can use a pH test strip. Your serum should be right around 3.5. Secondly, make a small batch and use it only for 3-5 days. It is some extra work, but trust me, the benefits are worth it. Your radiant glow will make this worth your time. So, let's make a serum and reap the benefits of this amazing vitamin!


Like this Vitamin C serum and want to try an easy Vitamin C Mask recipe? Jenni has one on her blog! Click HERE to see it!


Thanks for reading my guest post! Please visit my blog, Jenni Raincloud for more skin care recipes as well as household recipes and a variety of healing salves!


About Jennifer from Jenni Rain Cloud


Jennifer lives in Edmond Oklahoma with her husband and 2 daughters. She has been in the skin care world for over a decade. She believes beautiful skin comes from the inside out. In order to achieve youthful skin a healthy lifestyle must be in place. If you can’t eat it, don’t put it on your skin are her words to live by! She sells her skin care products on Etsy, runs her “at home spa” for close clients and blogs full time. She is happiest staying home with her family and cooking up healthy skin care products in the kitchen! You can follow Jenni Raincloud on Facebook, Pinterest and Etsy.


Original article and pictures take cdn.primallyinspired.com site

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий